Testing the water…

I tested the type of water/ combination of liquid for my piece at Lewisham. I wanted to mimic the colour of fresh dish water with its faint tint of green fairy washing liquid. I tried adding washing up liquid in a large quantity which did not really give that strong of  colour, so I though I would add a bit of food colouring into the mix. Strangely when this was added either their was a chemical reaction with the bronze of the sponge or it just hit the light funny but the water appeared to be turning red in places. Ultimately I decided that a high concentration of washing up liquid was enough, the bubbles obstructed the sponge making it more difficult to see its material as well as it becoming durational as the bubbles will slowly disperse throughout the exhibition.

wp-1487520174361.jpg

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: