Criteria; a mundane, everyday undervalued object.
Has to be an object that can be tampered with, altered so remove its basic function or property… Possibly anthrophomorpic?
- keys – cast out of something strange making them bendy/ uncut and useless
- clock – mess with the clogs, flatten
- spoon – unscoopable
- whisk – unbeatable/fragile
- clipboard – that does not hold things
- door/door handle – that does not open
- balloon – that can not float
A lot of objects primary function is to hold something or open something. There is a danger of the work being a one liner.