Shuttlecock:

image

Like the tennis raquet was a test for the badminton raquets I made tester shuttlecocks I knew all purpose glue would work thanks to my previous experiments. I cut the cone part of the shuttle click of and flatterened it out drawing around the shape and replacing it with the paperclip in ordered rows. I then covered it in glue and left it to dry. Once it had dried I peeled it off the table and bent it back into the cone shape fixing it togeter top and bottom with exta paperclips. And gluing it back into the cork.

The only problem was the glue was visible. I tried spay painting them but if anything it hilighted it more and stoped the paperclips being recognisable. I tried defeating this soldering the joints rather than gluing but this did not allow for bending the cone back in shape.

image

The shuttlecocks were not as flimsy as I thought, the glue made the more flexible. And they bounced very well. The weighting was off though with the weight supposed to be in the cork. The paperclips reversed this. As a result people who claimed they were good at badminton struggled getting pretty angry at the object and themselves.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: